Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Doctor's Visit

Saw my Plastic Surgeon yesterday.  He's been doing a lot of thinking regarding my situation.  He is referring me to two surgeons who specialize in breast reconstruction at UCSF ; we're hoping for a first of April appointment. I told him I will travel anywhere to get the surgeon who can do the best work and that being the case, I may consult at MD Anderson in Houston.  He assures me that it will be a long road, but that I will be happy with the results.  That was the most encouraging news I've heard in a long while.

So, as far as my therapy goes; I'm doing well on the Herceptin and for now the Arimidex.  No obvious side effects.  If I can continue to feel this good, I will stay on the drugs; if side effects occur--I'm done.

After pressing my surgeon--for weeks--I've been cleared for everything and plan to get out to the driving range as soon as the weather clears.  May even get to the gym.

Our friends Werner and Eveline are visiting from Austria.  It has been so nice to visit with them.  We have a wine tasting planned for Saturday at Golden Eye, Bill & Roxanne Wolf's production.  We're all looking forward to that.  Hopefully golf in the next few days also.

No comments:

Post a Comment